Saturday, April 21, 2007

April 20, 2007 - The Goodbye Guy

As I mentioned in Thursday’s post, I fully intended to sleep-in. And sleep I did. I didn’t wake up until 2pm. My initial plans for the day were to visit the Piers say my last good-byes to the crew, talk to John Roman, then walk down the Hudson River Park, as I did my first Saturday. The good-bye fest ended-up lasting the entire day.

I started out in Art, chatting with the entire crew. At first, only Lyle and Harry were there (and Harry was sleeping), which disappointed me, as I wanted to say good-bye to everybody. Luckily, people started spilling in over the following half-hour. I even snapped a picture of the Art Department crew. Nicole and Lyle finally convinced me to stay for the wrap party on Sunday. I’m slated to fly out Sunday at 12:30, but the party is 7-11pm. It sounds like a great way to see everybody one more time, network, and get cool gifts.

I hopped online and looked to change my flight. My jaw dropped. It would cost an additional $400 to reschedule it for Monday. So, the party’s out of the question. I got a great consolation prize, though. Mary from Locations stopped by and said that all the crew (including me) would be getting a free iPod Shuffle. Not bad at all. It’s blue, shiny, and inscribed (reads “Law & Order: Criminal Intent – Season 6”)

Next, I stopped upstairs and said good-bye to the Production crew. As it turned out, I would be returning there three or four more times throughout the day, so it was an extended parting. Maggie (John Roman’s assistant) snapped a picture of me with the crew. Warren Leight even posed for a few pictures. Leslie Gyson (Production Coordinator and the supervisor of my internship) wasn’t there, however.

She’d gone to set. Before going downstairs to see Leslie, I spoke with John for a few minutes. I thanked him for the amazing opportunity he offered me and we spoke about my future.

Down in the Green Room (the holding area for background and also the lunch room), Leslie and I reminisced about my internship. She had only good things to say about me, which (of course) made me blush. Our conversation and the one with Roman only solidified the fact that my experience in New York was an amazing opportunity that few people are offered. It’s been such a pleasure working with the different departments and meeting so many friendly and hard-working people. I’m very grateful for the time I spent with Criminal Intent.

I topped off my night by joining some of the crew that’d already wrapped for the evening at the Chelsea Brewery (inside Chelsea Piers) and having a few (too many) drinks. I don’t much care for alcohol, but it was nice to have the chance to relax with some of my friends and see them in a non-work context.

Photo Album

1 comment:

VDOVault said...

Looks like you all had fun wrapping the show...keep us posted on what your next venture in the entertainment industry will be Jason!

The Vault
http://vdovault.wordpress.com