Sunday, February 11, 2007

February 10 & 11, 2007 - Hollywood

Saturday: I had to try my hardest to sleep-in. Initially waking-up at 11, I dozed off until 1. My day didn’t really start until 4, though. I didn’t want to be cooped in my apartment all afternoon, so I went to the GameStop across from the Manhattan Mall, at 33rd St. & 6th Ave. A new city simulator City Life: World Edition (like SimCity, but in 3D) came out and I wanted to buy a copy. Afterward, I walked around the mall for a little while. It’s your ordinary mega mall (e.g. Lakeside), except on a vertical scale. There are shops on 6 or 8 stories (2 below ground) in a square, overlooking an indoor courtyard. Above that are offices, also with a view of the area below.

On the way home, I stopped at the Ridgeway Diner and had a gyro. It was actually pretty decent. Gyros sometimes make me sick, either due to the grease or the spices in the meat. Maybe it was because they used beef, instead of lamb, but I felt just fine after eating it.

Walking back, I contemplated whether I should do my laundry that evening, go to the grocery store, or just veg in my apartment. I almost went with the third option, but despise washing my clothes to much, I decided to get that out of the way. I’ve been doing my laundry at home for years and don’t have a problem with that. I just hate going to an actual Laundromat, fighting with the crowds, and sitting around waiting for my clothes to get done. I’m usually there upwards of 90 minutes. And yes, I bring my DS with me, but it’s still not a pleasant experience.

Sorry, no pictures today. I didn’t bring my camera, because I wasn’t sure if it would be bright enough, but the afternoon light wasn’t prohibitive.

Sunday: Having already done the laundry, I took it easy today. I got up around noon, showered, and then went out to breakfast at the Hollywood Diner (near the place I went to yesterday). I ordered a Monte Cristo. It was nowhere near as good as the place I’m used to back home, but it wasn’t bad. They were incredibly busy (it was Sunday afternoon, after all), so I sat at the counter. For as many people as there were, I can’t complain about the service.

I stopped by D’Agostino’s and did some grocery shopping (my fridge and pantry were severely under stocked), then spent the rest of the day relaxing and playing my new game.

Photo Album

No comments: