Sunday, February 4, 2007

February 4, 2007 - ...And We're Back

My computer's running smoothly and I'm back and ready to update again! I'll just cut to today's events, because the past couple days have been pretty slow.

I got up at 12:30 (love the weekends) and went to breakfast at the Chelsea Square Restaurant, which is across the street from Moonstruck Diner on 23rd St. at 9th Ave. I was pretty hungry, so I had the "Hungry Man's Breakfast": French toast, pancakes, or waffle (ordered pancakes), bacon, ham, sausage, and 2 eggs. It was decent and I certainly enjoyed their coffee. Only thing I didn't like was the ham. For some reason, they give thin deli ham, not the real deal. Same with Moonstruck Diner.

I'd originally planned to just go out to eat, then come back to my apartment and veg. But, as it was a nice (albeit cold) day, I decided to walk around town a bit. First, I went to Best Buy at 23rd and 6th Ave. (a.k.a. Avenue of the Americas) to see if they had any good new games. One thing I noticed about the stores here is that they're not as well stocked as the ones back home (with the exception of Barnes & Noble). Maybe it's just the way they're laid out. Places like Best Buy and Circuit City are spread out over two stories and have to conform to the pre-existing building structure, so maybe the design just makes it seem smaller.

After walking around in circles for half an hour, I went across the street to Barnes & Noble. Unlike the one in the Citibank Building, this one is only one story (with the exception of an upper-level Starbucks overlooking the store) and more cramped. I ended-up purchasing a couple more books on teleplay writing.

Finally, I walked down to Union Square (14th St. between 4th & 5th Ave.) and browsed around Game Stop and Circuit City for awhile. Union Square is a nice shopping district, with an eclectic mix of old and new buildings, all surrounding a large park. I took the long way home and photographed the park and local scenery.

Photo Album

No comments: