Wednesday, February 7, 2007

February 7, 2007 - Organized Chaos

For the most part, today was a slow day around the office. I read another two scripts and helped Carmen make twelve copies of a news packet, totaling more than 1200 pages. Basically, the writers keep an eye on major newspapers every day, looking for stories that might lead to new episodes. I’ve also been scouring the New York Times Online over the past week, looking for interesting articles.

At one point, Kate went down to set to discuss the plausibility of a scene with a crew member. Afterward, we toured one of the swing sets being built for a future episode. I can’t say what its purpose is, but it’s quite extensive. For a temporary set, it’s huge.

Leslie gave me an organizational project. She has a cupboard in the office that was a disaster area. I sorted through boxes with old cell phones, ancient computer parts, and random assorted oddball items. To be honest, I love that kinda stuff. Obviously, I’m not learning anything related to the acting or scriptwriting fields in doing it, but it’s good to sit down and consolidate piles of junk, once in awhile. I only got about halfway through it, so I’ll finish tomorrow.

No comments: