Sunday, February 18, 2007

February 18, 2007 - VGA - Video Gamers Anonymous

I’ve been lazy in journal updates the past few days, but there’s a good reason – there hasn’t been much new. I went out for Chinese on Saturday night…witnessed a random act of aggression on Friday… Guess that one could use a little elaboration. I was walking home after visiting Barnes and Noble, when this 40-something guy picked up a bunch of snow, packed it into a tight ball and threw it at a cab, shouting obscenities at the driver.

At any rate, I decided to explore the town a little, especially since I have an extended weekend (President’s Day is a SAG holiday). I tried a new place for breakfast, the Malibu Diner, on 23rd Street, between 7th & 6th Avenues. I ordered a ham and cheddar omelet and, lo’ and behold! I finally found a place that uses real ham! Took long enough.

Next, I went to the Barnes & Noble at Union Square. The place is huge, encompassing four stories. I browsed around awhile, bought a book on script formatting. Next, I stopped by the nearby GameStop, then walked south to 8th St. and 4th Ave. I went to the Kmart there, just for the hell of it. It’s as awful as any local Kmart, but laid out more like a Montgomery Ward store (for those of you who saw one, before they went out of business).

I hopped over to the GameStop at 8th St. and 5th Ave. (can you tell I’m a video game addict?) and browsed a bit. Finally, I went to a Dunkin’ Donuts and bought a coffee and donuts. As per usual on my excursions, I snapped a couple dozen pictures as I went along, so be sure to check out the gallery, below.

Photo Album

No comments: