Tuesday, February 20, 2007

February 20, 2007 - Gone Postal

I started the morning by going to the post office to get a single, solitary stamp, but they were packed. Crazy packed. So, I decided to go later, if I got off work on time.

Things were pretty slow around the casting office today. They’d already done most of their audition sessions for the upcoming episode, so there wasn’t a whole lot to do. I read some of one of my new sitcom writing books, worked on a springboard and an (awful) outline for one of my scripts. For lunch, I ordered a hot roast beef sandwich with stuffing and gravy. It was, um, every bit as good as anything you’d get from a hospital cafeteria. That’s not to say it was bad, just nothing exceptional.

Ann let us go at 4, since nothing big was going on. I went back to the post office and they were actually busier than this morning, with a line wrapping halfway around the lobby. To avoid the lines, I went to their automated stamp machine and paid $7.80 for a book of 20. It gave me my change, but no stamps. At the inquiry window, the guy working there had me fill out a form and said to go to window six. So, I waited in line for half an hour. The lady at the counter promptly apologized and said I didn't have to go through the line. She was already informed of the issue and had the stamps all ready. Oh well, it was an exercise in patience (and sitcom fodder).

Next up, I went to B&N to exchange the book I bought the other day for another copy. It had a box cutter indentation I didn't notice (must've been at the top of a box). After, i took 18th street back and noticed that there's yet another B&N just one block over from their Union Square location. It's more university geared (has used college textbooks), kind of depressing looking - like a thrift store. But, they had a new copy of an out of print book, The Frasier Scripts - 15 scripts from the show Frasier. So, I picked that up. It'll be a good reference book for sitcom formatting and storyline crafting.

Photo Album (The church is Guardian Angel. You wouldn’t know it from the pictures, but they had a fire Friday)

No comments: