Monday, January 8, 2007

January 6, 2007 - Along the Bike Path

NYC hit a record high temperature of 72 degrees and it’s not going to be warm for awhile, so I decided to get out and enjoy the weather. I had breakfast at a restaurant called The Viceroy, on the corner of my block. The food was decent, but way overpriced. After tip, I ended-up spending $20.29 for an omelet, potatoes, and coffee. If nothing else, the experience was humorous, as all the waiters were ridiculously swishy. After breakfast, I took 8th Avenue up to 23rd, in an attempt to find the studio. It didn’t work out so well. I gave up and decided to walk along the bike path that runs along the Hudson. I took a scenic stroll up to 44th Street, wandering down the piers and snapping pictures as I went along. I headed back down to 23rd and used the restroom at Chelsea Piers, what appears to be a blue sports center. I didn’t realize that this is actually where the studio is located. I wanted to stop by CompUSA, which is located on 38th St. and 5th Avenue. Considering I’d already been up to 44th Street, it seemed a bit silly to walk up that way again, but it was a nice day. I took 23rd to 8th Avenue and that to 38th. Everything north of Madison Square Garden seemed a bit seedy, but I didn’t feel unsafe there. I wouldn’t want to walk the area at night, but it’s fine during daylight hours. Surprisingly, Manhattan’s CompUSA is smaller and less well stocked than Lakeside’s location; perhaps because it’s spread out across two stories. I picked up a pack of burnable disks and decided to head back, as it was already past two o’clock and I wanted to head back before dark. I was exhausted when I got back to the apartment, so I spent the rest of the evening relaxing.

Photo Gallery

No comments: