Saturday, January 13, 2007

January 12, 2007 - Cast Read-Thru

Another 9-7 (7:30, actually) day. A great deal of the Office PAs’ time was spent preparing for the impending read-through for the next episode being shot. Around one o’clock, everybody began frantically scurrying about, completing various tasks to make sure the cast and producers were comfortable for the closed door meeting. Tsahai and I went to The City Bakery to pick-up catering. Traffic was nasty on 18th, so it took longer than she probably would have liked. The food looked delicious. The cast was treated to herb-encrusted Turkey, almond-encrusted whitefish, macaroni and cheese, green beans, spiced yams, and cookies. Tsahai dropped me off at the office, had Terrence help me carry the food, and took the car to be washed. In the mean time, Carmen, Liza, and I scrambled to print off 120 scripts. We had to count the first 30 or so, page by page, to make sure they were complete. The time crunch made things feel a bit more hectic than they probably were. The cast was scheduled to arrive at 2pm, and it was already 1:45. For lunch, I ordered sweet and sour chicken and egg drop soup. However, there was so much soup, I ended up just eating that and saving the entire meal for dinner. Then I ended up saving that for the following day, because the cast didn’t each much of their food. We got to eat whatever they didn’t and I went to town with it. I’ll have to stop by The City Bakery sometime, as the food was excellent. Tsahai says it’s pretty reasonable, too. The cast left about 3:30. Kathryn Erbe lingered around to sign autographs from fan mail and to greet some people around the office. Other than that, there wasn’t much excitement around the office the rest of the night. Leslie printed me an employee card; a souvenir of sorts. She said I might need it when I'm working on-set.

No comments: