Saturday, January 27, 2007

January 26 & 27, 2007 - A Wicked Adventure

Friday: Not much happened today. Mary Grace had me do a little research for an episode she’s writing. Also, Leslie called and said I’d begin working with the Art Department on Tuesday. I don’t know what exactly I’ll be doing, but Tsahai seemed to think it would involve some graphic/Photoshop work. Sounds fun, although I was just getting into the swing of things in the Writing Office.

Saturday: I got up around 11, because the agent who I’m renting my apartment from asked if they could do a showing at one. I cleaned the place up a bit in preparation. They were only here for ten minutes, but I’m glad I did. They peeked in the closets, so I’d rather they be neat and tidy.

Tsahai told me to meet her at 46th & Broadway at 2:30, so we could pick up discount tickets to see the musical Wicked. I took the F-train at 23rd up to the 47-50th Rockefeller Center exit and walk around the Concourse mall for a few minutes. On the way out, I found a $5 bill laying on the ground. As nobody was around, I figured it’d been there for awhile and claimed it for myself. Then I headed over to Times Square to wait for Tsahai. She called around quarter to three and said she was running late, but that she would pick up the tickets and I could reimburse her.

Since I had several hours until the musical, I went exploring. I stopped at Toys ‘R’ Us in search of any cheap clearance video games. Sometimes they have some pretty good deals, but not today. The store is huge, though, spanning three stories. It even has indoor amusement rides. Afterward, I went to Starbucks and treated myself to a Cinnamon Dolce Latte. I’m not a big Starbucks fan, because they’re exceedingly overpriced, but I figured I’d treat myself with the “fun money” I found.

I headed back to 30 Rock and went to the Game Stop in the basement area. It’s a train wreck in that store; not very well organized at all. Then, I tried to find a Barnes & Noble, which was supposed to be on 8th Ave. between 48th & 49th Street. They’d gone out of business, though. So, I walked around randomly, looking to see if maybe it’d been relocated. No such luck, so I searched for a restaurant, as I felt a little faint and hungry.

I went back to 47 & Broadway and decided to eat at Olive Garden. Yuppie? Yes. And certainly not unique, but sometimes familiar is good. They had a 20 minute wait, so they gave me a weird disc-shaped thing resembling Simon Says and said there was a waiting room on the 2nd story. When it flashed red, he said to go to the 3rd level and they would give me a seat. I was surprised that, one I had a table, the service was exceptionally fast. I ordered the cheese ravioli and it was ready within minutes (and was almost too hot!). While I ate, I called my mom and had her hunt me down a B&N online. She said the closest one was at 54th St. & 3rd Ave. in the Citibank center. That area was vaguely familiar to me, because I was there last time I came to the city (saw a Who’s the Boss? reunion on the Tony Danza Show).

Since it was only quarter after five after I finished eating, I had plenty of time to peruse B&N. On the way there, Tsahai called and said the ticket booth didn’t have discount tickets for Wicked, so we wouldn’t be seeing the play that evening. I was disappointed and midly annoyed, but at least I got to have a little fun on the town. Since I was already near the bookstore, I went there anyway. I bought a book on sitcom writing for myself and a couple of books for somebody special’s birthday (And, no, I will not give you any hints as to what I got! You know who you are). Around 6:30 or so, I decided to call it a day. I’d done a ton of walking and was exhausted. I hunted down the 1-train (forgot where, specifically, it’s located) and headed back. Midway, I had to switch to the 3-train because the 1 wasn’t making stops where I needed to go.

Photo Album

No comments: