Thursday, January 25, 2007

January 24, 2007 - Joy Grill Club

I finished reading through a script at the main writers’ office, then Carmen and I headed to Warren Leight’s other office to observe. His assistant Mary Grace set me to work right away and had me run to Duane Reade’s to pick up some AA batteries for their label machine. When I got back, she was going to have me type out some stickers for document folders. However, Warren arrived at the office to speak with a writer, so she had me sit in. The two discussed a future episode, which this person (a novelist, writing for the show for the first time) was currently working. As they talked about various scenes and the order in which they should be presented, Warren had me write note card summaries and put them up on a cork board, under their corresponding Acts.

They finished up around 3:30, after which Carmen and I went back to the Piers. Of course, I made a stop for coffee at nearby Ruthy’s Bakery (located on the first story of the building). Back at the office, Kate didn’t have anything else for me to do, so she sent me home early. I spent most of the evening relaxing, but did step out for a little while for dinner. I ate at the Joy Grill, a small, cozy Chinese restaurant right around the block from my apartment. I felt like trying something new (there’s implied sarcasm here) and had egg drop soup, an egg roll, and sweet & sour chicken, one of my favorite Chinese dishes. The service was excellent and there were plenty of leftovers; definitely a place I’ll want to dine at again.

As an aside, my birthday is coming up soon (30th). This will be the first time I’m alone on that day. Mildly depressing, if you ask me. If you’d like to send me a card, my address is: 215 West… just kidding. :P

Photo Album

No comments: