Thursday, January 11, 2007

January 11, 2007 - Reading the Bible

Leslie had me come in at nine today. She had me sit-in on the costume meeting, in which the various Producers, Assistant Directors, and Costume people discussed the outfit each character in an upcoming episode would be wearing. They laboriously went, page by page, over the fine nuances of each main/guest character and how they should be dressed at different points in the episode. Following that was the prop meeting, but I didn’t know one meeting overlapped another and left. A few other people had walked out, so I assumed it wasn’t my place to be there. Leslie, however, wanted me to attend that, too, so I might be going to one of their future discussions.

After the meeting, Leslie showed me the various daily and weekly papers the office puts out to aid the show’s cast and crew. For example, CI’s call sheet is a multipurpose overview of when the cast and crew is to report to the set, what scenes are being shot, where and with what props. It contains a ton of other information that doesn’t immediately come to mind.

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful. I finished up some Excel work for Leslie, ran some interoffice mail to people in the Transportation department, and looked over the “Bible” and a script for an upcoming episode.

No comments: