Tuesday, January 16, 2007

January 16, 2007 - Swing Sets

First thing in the office, Terrence reserved a cab for me and had me go to Panavision to pick up some lenses. Following that, he was going to send me on the subway to get another tape for dubbing from Technicolor but, as I had no clue what to do or where to go, he sent Tom instead. Meanwhile, Leslie was out on a tech scout (where various people from the show go to decide where to place cameras, equipment, and etc.). She was gone most of the morning and early afternoon.

As with yesterday, I did a great deal of dubbing today. The biggest excitement I had was when Tom and I delivered some packages to the props department. It was later in the evening, after everybody had finished up, so it was dark, but I got to take a look and see how the swing sets had progressed for this episode. It’s amazing how much work goes into them. They’re used for such a short period of time, yet they’re so elaborate.

Tsahai was going to end the night by having me count tape waste (unused/bad tape) to see if it matched film reports, but Leslie sent me home, as I’d been there for 12 hours (came in at 7:45). She’s going to have me finish that in the morning.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Jason - I am enjoying the content of your NYC blog - I like the details about how you are learning the ropes on the job and in the city. Sounds like you're having long days, and learning quite a bit. Love the daily titles too.