Wednesday, January 10, 2007

January 10, 2007 - Running Errands with Tsahai

I got up at 9:00 and, after my shower, attempted to make scrambled eggs with ham and cheese. Unfortunately, because my stove has only one setting, high, the eggs were done before they even hit the pan.

I didn’t have to report to work until 11. By then, the day’s events were already well underway. I checked the computer on a regular basis to see if dailies (raw film from the previous day) had come in. Leslie said if they didn’t arrive by 1, she’d have to make some calls. In the mean time, she had me perform some other odds and ends around the office. We ordered lunch a little after noon. With my sandwich, I tried something new and had an Indian appetizer (Somosa? I can’t remember the name. It was like Perogies with potatoes and peas).

At one, Tsahai and I took an errand run to pick up some food for the office from Whole Foods Market (some kind of swanky upscale grocery store) and check the air in a corporate vehicle’s tires. We arrived back at the office around four. Dailies were already in the process of being recorded, but I finished them. Later in the afternoon, Leslie introduced me to the Law & Order: Criminal Intent Bible, a book she and several of the producers created for a recreation of the show being done in France. It’s a large guide to the script formatting, background information for the show, character histories, and more. It looks interesting. Leslie wants me to look over it throughout the course of my internship. I finished my evening by reading over the first twenty or so pages, before she sent me home at 7:30.

Photo Gallery

No comments: